Dolphins Plus offers the opportunity for pre-veterinary and veterinary students to participate in a fast-paced, exciting, aquatic internship. Participants will work directly with the veterinary staff to assist with maintaining the health of our resident animals. The Dolphins Plus veterinary internship offers experience in the ever growing marine mammal medicine field with exposure to preventative medicine, laboratory techniques, diagnostics record keeping, and data analysis.
- Assist veterinary staff with daily operations and procedures, including but not limited to:
- Data entry
- Laboratory procedures
- Sample processing
- Facility cleaning and maintenance
- Diagnostic sampling
- Medical procedures
- Participate in a comprehensive lecture series and complete relevant exams to evaluate progress
- Assist and help develop ongoing veterinary projects
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated and have shown a strong initiative in the veterinary field. Priority will be given to veterinary students and undergraduates in their 3rd or 4th year, although any competitive applicant will be considered. The goal of the veterinary internship program is to expose participants to the marine mammal medicine field by offering a hands on learning experience.
It may be possible to acquire academic credit from your hosting university for the Dolphins Plus Internship. However, these opportunities and conditions vary among colleges and universities, and students are responsible for making these prior to arriving on-site. Our veterinary staff will communicate with your professors as needed and will act as on-site advisors for the duration of your internship.
*Documents must be sent all together in one package. Please allow enough time prior to deadline.
- Completed application
- Current school transcripts (unofficial can be provided initially but an official copy must follow)
- Resume/ Curriculum Vitae
- Recent photograph
- Two letters of recommendation (must be sent in a sealed envelope with reference’s signature on back of the seal within application package)
- $25 application fee (personal check, money order, credit card, or cashier’s check)
Attn: Veterinary Internship Coordinator
31 Corrine Place
Key Largo, Florida 33037