Dolphins Plus offers the opportunity for pre-vet college, veterinary technician and veterinary students to participate in a fast-paced, exciting, veterinary internship. Participants will work directly with the veterinary staff to assist with maintain health of our resident animals. The Dolphins Plus Veterinary Internship offers experience in the ever growing marine mammal medicine field by offering exposure to preventative medicine, laboratory techniques, diagnostic sampling and advanced diagnostic techniques.
- Assist veterinary staff with daily operations and procedures, included by not limited to:
- Data entry
- Laboratory procedures
- Sample Processing
- Facility cleaning and maintenance
- Diagnostic sampling
- Medical Procedures
- Participate in a comprehensive lecture series and complete relevant exams to evaluate progress
- Assist and help develop ongoing veterinary projects
Priority will be given to candidates who are highly motivated with a strong initiative and the ability to plan, organize and prioritize work. The goal of the Veterinary Internship Program is to exposure participants to the marine mammal medicine field.
It may be possible to acquire academic credit from your hosting university for the Dolphins Plus Internship. However, these opportunities and conditions vary among colleges and universities, and students are responsible for making these arrangements and clarifying the conditions for the receipt of academic credit PRIOR to arriving on-site. Our Veterinary staff will communicate with your professors as needed and will act as on-site advisors for the duration of your internship.
- Completed application
- Current school transcripts
- Resume/ Curriculum Vitae
- Recent photograph
- Two letters of recommendation (must be sent directly from your referees to Dolphins Plus; see application form for additional details)
- $25 application fee (personal check, money order, credit card, or cashier’s check)
Attn: Veterinarian Internship Coordinator
31 Corrine Place
Key Largo, Florida 33037