March 2021 Update From Dolphins Plus
At Dolphins Plus Bayside, Inc. we are continuing to provide a healthy and safe environment for our dolphins, guests, and our team. To help reduce the risk/spread of COVID -19 we are following the safety protocols as recommended by the CDC. Here are some of the protocols we are putting in place at Dolphins Plus.
- We disinfect all high contact areas in between each scheduled program and again at the end of each day.
- We are following social distancing guidelines, maintaining physical distancing as required by the CDC.
- All guests, staff and interns are required to wear a mask while on property both inside and outside. No exceptions.
- We are screening our team members daily to help ensure they are safe and healthy.
- We are minimizing hand to hand interactions at the point of sales by accepting contactless payment methods and encouraging online purchases and can provide curbside delivery upon request.
- We are using a digital wavier system to allow guests to sign their waivers on their own personal devices.
- We have an outside kiosk for guest check-in, to prevent too many people from congregating in the gift shop/reservations area.
- We have hand sanitizer stations located on property. All staff and guests will be encouraged to wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently while at Dolphins Plus.
- Once checked in, guests will wait in an outside designated waiting area, 6 feet apart from other guests.
- Restrooms are limited to two people at a time to promote social distancing.
- All families will be spaced at least 6 feet apart in the educational briefing, which will be conducted outside underneath a briefing hut.
- All guests will be asked to use hand sanitizer just prior to entering the water with the dolphins.
- We have reduced our maximum numbers to allow for social distancing.
- Masks are required for any dockside program including but not limited to the Dolphin Dockside, Dockside Plus, Meet a Dolphin and all Dolphin Paint add-ons.
- The dolphin kiss behavior is not allowed as our veterinary team is trying to keep the dolphins as safe as possible. We have replaced the behavior with a hand kiss.
- Only 4 persons or one family are permitted inside the gift shop at one time.
We appreciate everyone’s cooperation and wish everyone good health and safety during these trying times.