Dolphin Kids is our weeklong marine science summer camp for kids ages 6 -10, hosted at our beautiful Dolphins Plus Bayside facility. Campers learn about all sorts of subjects, from local ecosystem ecology to dolphin communication and behavior. Best of all, our dolphin camp makes learning fun through hands-on science activities, marine mammal lessons and shows, behind the scenes tours, and coastal exploration!
Your kids will learn cool stuff like how dolphins use sonar to investigate fish guts. They’ll discover how blubber works. They’ll learn which is smarter, a dolphin or a squid? And they’ll learn how we can help protect our gentle giants, the endangered Florida Manatee.
Why send your kids to a regular summer camp, when you can send them to a dolphin camp in Key Largo for a summer they’ll never forget?
Camp Dates and Times:
July 4th- 8th, July 11th-15th, July 18th-22th, 2016, and August 8th-12th 2016
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Please make you reservation early, because these programs fill up quickly!
Camp Fee: $300 per student/week
- Monday - Coral Reefs, Mangroves, and Seagrass Beds
- Tuesday – Marine Mammals of the World
- Wednesday - Marine Mammal Behavior and Training
- Thursday - The Florida Everglades
- Friday - Ocean Conservation (+ Dolphin Kids Show!)
Included in each weeklong session:
- stainless steel water bottle (with printed camp logo and camper’s name)
- canvas bag with original design
- custom training whistle
- 8 x 10 camp photo
- camp certificate of completion
- snacks (lunch not included M – Th)
- pizza party (Friday)
OPTIONAL CAMP UPGRADES:
Early and Late Care:
Early Care – 8:00 – 9:00 a.m., $25/week
Late Care – 4:30 – 5:30 p.m., $25/week
Combo Early & Late Care - $45/week
Shallow Water Dolphin Interaction Program (Friday): $125 per student*
* This is a special rate for our campers, and availability is limited. So, please book your interactions when you sign your child up for the camp. Parents are welcome to participate for the same fee and/or observe their children during the wade program.
What to Bring:
Many of the camp activities are hosted outside. So, it is important to consider the weather when preparing for camp. Please make sure your child has the proper attire for outdoor activities and ample sunscreen. All campers should be sent with lunch kept cool in an insulated lunchbox and:
- mosquito repellent
- bathing suit
- water shoes
How to Sign Up:
Call our reservations department at (877) 365-2683 to reserve your child’s spot in this unique summer camp program. Please make sure to indicate whether you wish to add early/late care, the shallow water encounter, and/or a photo CD. Upon registration, you will be e-mailed additional camp information, the rules of conduct, and release forms that must be filled out, signed, and returned to Dolphins Plus Bayside via e-mail (Marylou@dolphinsplus.com), fax (305-451-4021), or mail (Attention: Dolphin Kids, P.O. Box 870, Key Largo, FL 33037) prior to the camp start date. If you have any questions, please e-mail (email@example.com), and make sure you review our cancellation policy carefully before enrolling your child in the Dolphin Kids program.